Individuals often require higher sums insured for their homes and possessions and they may discover that their insurer cannot provide the required limits under a standard policy. In addition premiums may prove excessive and the cover is subject to restrictive and unreasonable terms and conditions. In order to cater for these situations we can offer personal household insurance with wider cover at competitive premiums.
We operate with insurers who specialise in this sector and they appreciate the insurance needs and requirements of our private clients. We can arrange insurance on a combined basis covering buildings, contents, fine art, jewellery and travel on the same policy with one insurer or if it is in your best interests we will recommend separate policies with different insurers.
Key features and benefits:
- ‘All Risks’ cover for your buildings, contents, fine art and valuables.
- Wider cover than standard household policies.
- More extensive inner limits such as alternative accommodation, pedal cycles and items kept in the open.
- Flexible and helpful underwriting philosophy.
- No onerous conditions or warranties.
- Legal expenses with with 24 hour helpline service.
- Can include second or holiday homes.
- Annual travel insurance can also be included.
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
What’s the challenge?
Being a relatively recent development means there are questions over the longevity of some modern methods of construction (MMC) materials. It’s unknown how they’ll withstand the effects of flooding, escape of water and fire damage, for example, or even how they’ll be affected by general wear and tear over the years.
This is why insurers are increasingly asking for greater detail when it comes to MMC, so we can gain a full understanding of a building’s construction and build an accurate picture of the risk exposure.